Patanjali stated eight stages are mentioned as Yoga disciplines
- Asana - practice of the postures.
- Yama - Universal ethics: Non-violence, truthfulness, non-stealing, sexual restraint and non-acquisitiveness.
- Dharana - concentration
- Niyama - Principles of self-conduct: purity, contentment, intense dedication or austerity, study of self and scriptures and self-surrender.
- Pranayama - Breath control.
- Samadhi - a state of higher consciousness where the sense of self (ego) dissolves in the object of meditation and the individual self exists in its own pure nature.
- Pratyahara - withdrawal and control of the senses.
- Dhyana - meditation
Yoga helps in keeping the body fit. There are myriad benefits that can be achieved by practicing it. It is not only stretching, breathing and meditating but also creating balance in the body by making poses and postures. As a newbie, it should be practiced in the supervision of any yoga instructor. A person can join yoga class and follow the instruction in exercising. Initially, one can feel that the body is not flexible or strong but by continuous practice they will find it relaxing.
People can do yoga and gain benefit in cardiovascular system, as it lowers the blood pressure and keep blood regulating evenly throughout the body. It reduces anxiety and stress. It would also help in getting sound and deep sleep reducing insomnia. A person can do it to lose weight and maintaining healthy body. Regular exercising of yoga helps in reducing fatigue. Different types of postures in yoga help one in fighting against many diseases.
There are Different Forms to Reduce Health Problems
Different styles are:
- Hatha: It features physical practices. It helps in learning basic techniques of yoga and comfy in it.
- Vinyasa: In this, a person would learn to move from one pose to other on an inhale and exhale.
- Ashtanga: It is Sanskrit word which means eight limbs. It is an intense style. A person performed a set series of poses in the same order.
- Iyengar: It was developed by yoga master B.K.S. Iyengar. It is a form of hatha yoga. It is based on giving importance to the physical alignment of the body in the poses.
- Kundalini : It is an ancient form of yoga. It is performed to develop strength and awareness by physical, mental and spiritual discipline.
- Bikram/hot yoga: It is a traditional yoga techniqueand practiced in a room heated to 105°F with a humidity of 40%.
- Viniyoga: It is also a Sanskrit word with multiple meaning "separation", "detachment", and "leaving". In this a yoga instructor makes a personalized yoga program for his student on the basis of their health, age, and physical condition etc.
It is not necessary that a person suffering from health problem should exercise yoga. One can practice it to keep their body fit, gain relaxation and stabilize mind in peace.